My name is Donna Denham. I founded Denham Family Law, APC, a law firm focusing on family law issues including divorce. My office is located in Chula Vista, California and I serve clients throughout San Diego County and the South Bay County area.
I have dedicated my practice exclusively to family law issues, including:
- Child custody, support and visitation
- Alimony and spousal support
- Property division
No matter your needs, you can rest assured that I am able to take on your case. I have unique levels of experience in this family law, and I am one of three lawyers certified as a specialist in family law by the California Bar Association in South Bay. There are fewer than 1500 family law specialists in the state. To qualify as a specialist, I received special training in both broad family law issues and the challenges that are unique to California residents. My law firm is able to offer the benefit of my experience in this area.
Furthermore, I married a retired service member, and I understand the unusual challenges posed by military divorce. Division of marital assets such as retirement benefits, dealing with child custody when one spouse is deployed and more can all have certain ramifications, and I am comfortable dealing with them.
Facing family law issues can be stressful: family is the most important thing, and you want to ensure that you take care of this correctly so you can move on with your life with minimal upheaval. At Denham Family Law, APC, I will take on your case and give it my utmost care and attention, working to get you the most favorable outcome possible.
I offer free consultations and accept credit cards. Also, my office is conveniently located right off the 805 freeway and Bonita Road, with free parking available.
Areas Of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, 2012
- Minor's Counsel Certification, 2018
- California, 2004
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctor - 2004
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: U.S. History
- Co-Chair, San Diego Family Law Bar Association Spring Seminar, 2017 to 2017
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Wiley W. Manuel Award, Pro Bono Legal Services
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the California Bar, 2004 to Present
- Californian State Bar, Family Law Section, 2004 to Present
- Minor's Counsel Panel Member, 2018 to Present
- Member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, 2012 to Present
- Executive Board member of the San Diego Family Law Bar Association, 2016 to 2018
- Co-Chair, San Diego Family Law Bar Association Spring Seminar 2017
- Volunteer Temporary Judge/Settlement Attorney, 2012 to Present
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Executive Board Member South Bay Bar Association, 2018 to 2019
- South Bay Bar Association, President, 2019 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Hargreaves & Taylor, LLP, Sr. Associate, 2008 to 2013
- Denham & Britt, LLP, Owner, 2015 to 2018
Pro Bono Activities
- Temporary Judge/Settlement Attorney Program, Volunteer, 2012 to Present
- YWCA Legal Advocacy, 2004 to 2006